We’re happy to announce the launch of Melissa Terras’ open-access volume The Professor in Children’s Literature: An Anthology on 4 December at the University of Roehampton, London SW15!
The Professor in Children’s Literature gathers and reprints a selection of twenty-six illustrated stories for children originally published in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, offering a brief introduction to each of them. The volume complements the author’s book-length study Picture-Book Professors: Academia and Children’s Literature; both works are open access, available as free downloads. Get your copy of The Professor in Children’s Literature in EPUB or PDF format!
The book launch will take place in the Portrait Room at Grove House, starting at 5.30pm.
- 5.30pm: Reception with drinks and nibbles
- 6.00pm: Very brief introductions by Dr Susan Greenberg (Fincham Press) and Dr Alison Waller (National Centre for Research in Children’s Literature), then talk by Prof Melissa Terras
- 6.30pm: Questions and closing statements
- Until 7.30pm: final mingling
- A4-sized event poster [PDF]
- Blog post by Melissa Terras on the open-access release of her two sibling books